Thursday, June 13, 2019

No 102 How did God prepare the world for the mystery of Christ


COMPENDIUM SERIES

 

Christ the Teacher: Compendium Series Icon.

No 102 How did God prepare the world for the mystery of Christ? (522- 524,)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 


God prepared for the coming of His Son over the centuries. He awakened in the heart of the pagans a dim expectation of this coming and He prepared for it specifically through the Old Testament culminating with John the Baptist who was the last and greatest of the prophets.  We relive this long period of expectancy in the annual liturgical celebration of the season of Advent.

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?
  • I can thank God constantly for preparing the world for His Son.
  • I can try to understand the Old Testament more in the light of this preparation of Christ. 
  • I can ponder carefully the role of the prophets and appreciate the role of John the Baptist as the greatest of the prophets.
  • I can consider carefully how I relive this expectancy in my life every day and especially during Advent.


Questions to consider.
1.      What impact does God preparing the world for the mystery of His Son have for my life?
2.      How would I explain how God prepared the world for the mystery of His Son so it would have an impact on the life of the other person to whom I am explaining it to them?
3.      What steps can I take to embrace reliving this expectancy in my life?
4.       What benefit do the prophets of the Old Testament have?
5.      Who are the modern day prophets in my life? 
6.      How does celebrating advent affect the way I live my life each day? 



No comments:

Post a Comment