Thursday, May 9, 2019

No 99 In what sense is Mary ever virgin?

COMPENDIUM SERIES.

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.

No 99 In what sense is Mary ever Virgin? (499- 507, 510-511)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 

Mary is ever virgin in the sense that she ‘’remained a virgin in conceiving her Son, a virgin in giving birth to Him, a virgin in carrying Him a virgin in nursing Him at her breast, always a virgin’’. (Saint Augustine).

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God constantly for His love for giving Mary to me as my heavenly mother.
  • I can be thankful that Mary agreed to God’s plan and consented to the virginal birth of Jesus. 
  • I can pray and ask Mary for all mothers who are pregnant and are giving birth today.
  • I can pray to Mary to give my yes to God in all my undertakings in my life.

Questions to consider.

  1.   What impact does Mary being a virgin mean to me?
  2.  How would I explain the virginal birth of Jesus in Mary so that it would have an impact on the life of the other person to whom the on explaining them?
  3. What steps can I take to preserve this tenant of our faith and not have it rubbished in the media? (e.g. write a letter, make a phone call)? Do I just let it go and allow the catholic Church’s teaching to be ridiculed? 
  4.  What benefit does it have to me knowing that Mary cooperated with the divine will of salvation? 
  5.   When I think of Mary, does it inspire me to say yes to God and allow Him to govern it.? 
  6.  How can I incorporate praying to Mary (e.g. saying the rosary) into my life each day?






No comments:

Post a Comment