Thursday, May 2, 2019

No 98 What does the virginal conception of Jesus mean?


COMPENDIUM SERIES

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.

 

No 98 What does the virginal conception of Jesus mean? (496- 498, 502)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states: 

The virginal conception of Jesus means that Jesus was conceived in the womb of the Virgin Mary soley by the power of the Holy Spirit without the intervention of a man.  He is the Son of the Heavenly Father according to the divine nature and the Son of Mary according to His human nature.  He is however truly the Son of God in both natures since in Him there is only one Person who is divine

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God constantly for His love for giving Mary to me as my heavenly mother.
  • I can be thankful that Mary agreed to God’s plan and consented to the virginal birth of Jesus. 
  • I can pray and ask Mary for all mothers who are pregnant and are giving birth today.
  • I can ask St Joseph to accept and believe my faith more fully.
  • I can pray to Mary to give my yes to God in all my undertakings in my life.

 Questions to consider.


  • How would I explain the virginal birth of Jesus in Mary so that  it would have  an impact on the life of the other person to whom the on explaining them?
  • What benefit does it have to me knowing that Mary cooperated with the divine will of salvation?
  •  When I think of Mary, does it inspire me to say yes to God  and allow Him to govern it.? 
  •  How can I incorporate praying to Mary (e.g. saying the rosary) into my life each day?
  • What steps can I take to preserve this tenant of our faith and not have it rubbished in the media? ( eg write a letter, make a phone call)? Do I just let it go and allow the catholic Church’s teaching to be ridicule






No comments:

Post a Comment