Sunday, December 9, 2018

Second Sunday of Advent yr C Collect

COLLECT SERIES

COLLECT


The Collect for Second Sunday Year C reads as Follows:

Come, Lord Jesus, 
let your light shine on us for all the world to see.
In the name of Jesus Christ, we pray.


REFLECTION QUESTIONS

In making this prayer tangible for during the week, the following reflection questions emerged:

1.  When I pray Come Lord Jesus, how genuine is my desire for Jesus to come into
      my life?
2.  What areas of my life do I wish Jesus to come?
3.   What area of my life is my pressing need in which Jesus to come?
4.   Where will Christ's light shine in my life this coming week? 
5.   How will I allow the brightness of Christ's light to affect other people whom I meet
      during the week?

 GOSPEL REFLECTIONS

On this second Sunday of Advent we are reminded to prepare the way for Jesus. The theme for today is that God gives us reason to hope in the promise of salvation. Do you hope for salvation?

We also meet John the Baptist who points the way to Jesus.  We need to make our valleys and hills made low and the rough places plain as it says from Isaiah.  We need to repent.


I have prepared the Advent Reading Plan for you. You will be able to see it here.  I hope that your reading of the Scripture to read, ponder and act was better than mine during the week.  Let's hope I have a better week as I do want to prepare well and use Advent to do a spiritual spring clean (or repentance as John the Baptist is calling us in the gospel).


Recently a friend of mine was leading a pilgrim group to the Holy Land.  He took many photos and shared them on Facebook so I felt like i was doing the pilgrimage with the group too.   


Here is one photo relevant to our imagery from the Gospel today:  


the hills and valleys of Judea.''  (Photo: D Camilleri)




You may also find this musical interpretation of today's text useful in your reflection.


On a personal note, I am attending Messiah concert ( my annual musical/spiritual pilgrimage) tonight. I am so looking forward to it.  I love the music of Handel's Messiah so it is always a real treat for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment