Sunday, September 4, 2011

Opening Prayer Series: 23rd Sunday of Year A

The Opening Prayer for the Twenty Third Sunday of Year A reads as follows:

Let us pray
(that we may realise the freedom God has given us
in making us His sons and daughters) 
God Our Father,
You redeem us and make us Your Children in Christ,
Look upon us,
give us true freedom
and bring us to the inheritance You promised.

In making this prayer tangible, the following reflection questions emerged:

  1. What is the freedom that God has given me?
  2. What does it mean to me to be a son/daughter of God?
  3. What does it mean to me to be redeemed by God?
  4. What is the true freedom that God is offering me?
  5.  What is hindering me from experiencing God's true freedom in my life?
  6. How will I experience God's freedom in my life this coming week?
  7. Am I ready to receive the inheritance God has promised me? What do I need to change to be ready?




No comments:

Post a Comment