Thursday, September 8, 2011

Compendium Series: Bond of created things

64. What kind of bond exists between created things? (CCC342, 354)
Compendium states:

There exists interdependence and a hierarchy among creatures as willed by God.  At the same time, there is also a unity and solidarity amongst creatures since all have the same Creator, are loved by him and are ordered to his glory.  Respecting the laws inscribed in creation and the relations which derive from the nature of things is, therefore a principle of wisdom and a foundation for morality.

What does this mean for me?
  1. I can thank God for the interdependence and hierarchy that exists amongst creatures as willed by Him.
  2. I can appreciate the unity and solidarity amongst creatures since they all have the same Creator and are loved by him and are ordered by Him.
  3. I can take a walk and view creation around me in the light of the bond which exists between created things.

Questions to consider:
  1. How do I maintain a unity and solidarity amongst creatures- with myself and with other fellow human beings?
  2. How do I respect the laws inscribed in creation?
  3. How can I contribute to the unity, solidarity, love and order which God has created in creation?


No comments:

Post a Comment