Thursday, March 26, 2020

No 115 What is the attitude of Jesus to the temple of Jerusalem


COMPENDIUM SERIES 2020 

Jesus the Teacher

Jesus the Teacher: Compendium Series Icon.

Welcome to My Compendium for 2020.  

Do you every wonder especially when life seems more challenging, what God's plan for you and for me is?  In this series, I encourage you to learn and soak in to your spirit what God's plan is as stated by the Compendium of the Catholic Church

When I started this series back in July 2010, my desire was to become more familiar with my faith so that I felt comfortable in not only knowing my faith, but being able to speak the truth of the faith confidently. To personalise the compendium of the Catholic Church, I followed these steps during the week:
·         learnt the answer to the question by rote.
·         inserted my name into these questions. 
·         wrote my own answer to the question in a simpler form without losing its integrity or meaning.
·         reflected on 'what it means for me".
·         reflected on 'Questions to consider'.
·         Devised an action for each day to integrate this truth of faith into my life.
·         Use the compendium series to shine on areas of my life which need repentance and use it for preparation for the sacrament of reconciliation.

If you have not visited this series before, you may wish to start the journey this year. If you started the journey and faded along the way,( like I have posting it)  you may wish to revisit this series and restart the journey, or if you have stayed on the journey, you may wish to continue the journey during 2020.
You may consider one question per week is not sufficient. I find it sufficient and able to done by the above-mentioned steps.  If you wish to proceed at a faster pace, decide on your plan of action that is most appropriate to you.


So, let us now start, restart or continue the journey for 2020.


No 115.  What was the attitude of Jesus towards the temple of Jerusalem? (CCC 583-586,593)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:
‘Jesus was accused of hostility to the temple.  On the contrary, He venerated as “the house of His Father: (Jn 2:16); and it was from there that He imparted an important part of His teaching.  However, He also foretold its destruction in connection with His own death and He presented Himself as the definitive dwelling place of God among men’.

What does this mean for me?

1.  I can thank God every day for His saving plan of redemption for all of humanity and that my redemption came at a great price- the suffering, death and resurrection. My redemption came through His blood.
2.  I can be thankful that Jesus, in His humanity showed us an example to venerate the temple as ‘the house of His Father”.
3. I can draw inspiration from Jesus that He is the definitive dwelling place of God amongst us.

Questions to consider.



1   How can I appreciate the saving plan of God- the Paschal Mystery in my life every day? 
2. 
How do I build up the Church – what contribution do I make? 
       3. Why is important to understand why the Jewish leaders handed Jesus over to Pilate? 
       4. How would I explain to someone who asked me what does the death of Jesus mean to you today?
5.          In the light of Coronvirus and our parish church closed, how can I continue to stay close to Jesus and remain in His definitive dwelling place?

No comments:

Post a Comment