Thursday, April 23, 2015

Compendium Series: no 85: Why did the Son of God become man?


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

 

JESUS THE TEACHER COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON

85. Why did the Son of God become man”? (CCC 456-460).


Compendium states:

For us men and for our salvation, the Son of God became incarnate in the womb of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit, He did so to reconcile us sinners with God, to have us learn of God's infinite love, to be our model of holiness and to make us "partakers of the divine nature' (Peter 1:4).

What does this mean for me?

1.Each time I say the Nicene Creed at Mass or in my own prayer time, at these word " for us men and our salvation..."', I can recall these reasons for the Son of God becoming man, be thankful and ponder them constantly.

2.  I can choose to accept that Jesus became man for me, and in accepting it be challenged to explore the model of holiness to which Jesus calls me.

3. I can be grateful for God's divine nature within me every day and embrace it, and to learn to experience more deeply His infinite love for me each day.

Questions to consider.


1.What is my reaction to these reasons for Jesus becoming man? How does it impact me?

2.  How can I be reconciled with God today, this week, month? What action or step must I take?

3. How do I experience God's infinite love for me?

4. What does it mean to me to be a ''partaker of God's divine nature''?

5. What will I do this coming week to learn from the Son of God about His model of holiness? 


May God help us to value our salvation for sending His Son for our salvation.




No comments:

Post a Comment