Sunday, May 6, 2012

Opening Prayer Series:Collect for 5th Sunday of Eastertide. Year B

The Collect for the 5th Sunday of Year B reads as follows:

Almighty and ever-living God
constantly accomplish the Pascal mystery within us,
that those who You were pleased to make new in the Holy Spirit,
may, under your protective care,bear much fruit,
and come to the joys of life eternal.

In making this prayer tangible, the following reflection questions emerged:

  1. What is the Pascal mystery?
  2. How can this Pascal mystery be constantly accomplished within me?
  3. What does  '' to make new in the Holy Spirit "' mean to me?
  4. What fruit will I bear this week?
  5. How can I bear much fruit each week?
  6. What is my atttitude to life- is it the here and now or do I honestly long for life eternal?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment