Sunday, June 11, 2023

Collect for Solemnity of Body and Blood of Christ

 COLLECT SERIES


The Mass.




The Collect for the Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ reads as follows:

 

Lord Jesus Christ,

You gave us the Eucharist as the memorial of Your suffering and death.

May our worship of this sacrament of Your Body and Blood

help to to experience the salvation You won for us 

and the peace of the kingdom 

where You live with the Father and the Holy Spirit 

one God, for ever and ever.

 

In making this prayer tangible the following reflection questions emerged.

 

  1. How does participating in the Eucharist as a memorial of Jesus' suffering and death deepen my understanding of salvation?
  2. In what ways does the act of worshiping the sacrament of the Body and Blood of Christ allow me to experience the peace of the kingdom?
  3. How can I more fully embrace the significance of the Eucharist as a means of encountering the living presence of Jesus Christ?
  4. What does it mean for me personally that Jesus is present in the Eucharist as the Father and the Holy Spirit dwell with Him in unity?
  5. How does my participation in the Eucharist shape my relationship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?
  6. How can I allow the grace and transformation received through the Eucharist to permeate my daily life and interactions with others?
  7. How can I not only receive Jesus in Eucharist but become who I receive this week?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment