Sunday, June 18, 2023

Collect for 11th Sunday Year A

 COLLECT SERIES

The Mass




The Collect for the 11th Sunday of Year A reads as follows:

O God, strength of those who hope in You,

graciously hear our pleas,

and since without You, mortal frailty can do nothing,

grant us always the help of Your Grace,

that in following Your command 

we may please You by our resolve and our deeds.

Though Our Lord Jesus Christ Your Sons,

Who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,

God, for ever and ever.

 

In making this prayer tangible for during the week, the following reflection questions emerged:

 

1.    What does the gift of hope in God mean to me?

2.    How has God been my strength in my life?

3.    How will God be my strength and hope this week?

4.    How self-aware of my fragilities, weaknesses, and sinfulness?

5.    In what ways will I repent this week and ask God’s forgiveness?

6.    How will I educate myself more in the commands of God this week?

7.    What resolve do I need to make about my spiritual life? (eg does my morning prayer or night prayer need a renovation, a makeover or a tweak).

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment