Thursday, May 6, 2021

No 129. What is the condition of the risen body of Christ? (CCC648-650)

 

COMPENDIUM SERIES

Jesus the Teacher

Jesus the Teacher: Compendium Series Icon.




 No 129.  What is the condition of the risen body of Christ? (CCC648-650)

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

The Resurrection of Christ was not a return to earthly life.  His risen body is that which was crucified and bears the marks of His passion. However, it also participates in the divine life, with the characteristics of a glorified body.  Because of this, He is utterly free to appear to His disciples how and where He wished and under various aspects

What does this mean for me?

  1.   When I look upon a crucifix and/or meditate on the passion of Christ, I can meditate on these wounds of His Passion  and contemplate their place in His Resurrection.
  2.  As I say the Apostles Creed, I can reflect more on what it means for me ‘ the resurrection of the body’ and what I may hope for after death.

Questions to consider.

  1.  What are the wounds of Christ?
  2.   How do the wounds of Christ from the Passion impact me?
  3.  How can I incorporate these wounds of Christ with the wounds I suffer in my life?
  4.  What is my belief and hope when I contemplate the dogma of the resurrection of the body in the apostles creed.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment