Friday, April 9, 2021

No 127 What are the signs that bear witness to the Resurrection of Jesus?

 

COMPENDIUM SERIES


 

Jesus The Teacher   JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.
Jesus the Teacher: Compendium Series Icon.


  

No 127.  What are the signs that bear witness to the resurrection of Jesus? (CCC639-644)

 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

Along with the essential sign of the empty tomb, the Resurrection of Jesus is witnessed to by the women who first encountered Christ and acclaimed Him to the apostles.  Jesus then appeared to ‘Cephas’ (Peter) and then the Twelve.  Following that, Jesus appeared to more than five hundred of the brethren at one time (I Cor 15:5-6) and to the others as well.  The apostles could not have invented the story of the Resurrection as it seemed impossible to them.  As a matter of fact, Jesus upbraided them for their unbelief.

What does this mean for me?

  1. I can thank God for redeeming me and all humanity  through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus, His only Son.
  2. I can live as a Catholic convinced of the power of the Risen Lord in my life and share it with other people too.

 

Questions to consider.

  1. What are the signs in my life which exemplify the Resurrection of Jesus.
  2. What areas of my life still need to be taken out of the enclosed tomb? 
  3. How can I take steps to resurrect these areas and allow them to come to life?
  4. What areas of my life show the empty tomb?
  5. How do I show witness to Jesus in my life?

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment