Friday, July 31, 2020

No 120. How is Jesus’ offering expressed at the Last Supper?

COMPENDIUM SERIES


JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.

 

 

No 120.   How is Jesus’ offering expressed at the Last Supper? (CCC 610-611,621)

 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

‘At the Last Supper with His Apostles on the eve of His Passion, Jesus anticipated, that is, both symbolized His free self-offering and made it really present “This is My Body given for you ( Lk 22:19), This is My Blood poured out ( Mt 26:28). Thus He both instituted the Eucharist as ‘the memorial’ (1 Corinthians 11:25) of His sacrifice and instituted the Apostles as priests of the new covenant.’

 

What does this mean for me?

1.    In honour of Jesus’s free self-offering and making Himself truly present, I resolve to appreciate the gift of the Mass and receiving Jesus in Holy Communion more by making a better preparation for Mass and a sincere thanksgiving after Communion.

2.    Because Jesus instituted the Apostles as priests at the Last Supper, I can make every effort to appreciate my pastor/parish priest and to be thankful that through his ministry, Jesus is made truly present at Mass.

3.    I can make a commitment to pray for priests every day but especially my pastor/parish priest who acts in the persona of Christ at Mass and the sacraments.

 

Questions to consider.

  1. .     What has been/is my attitude to receiving Jesus in Holy Communion at Mass? How have I received Holy Communion in the past and currently?  Do I believe that Jesus is truly present when I receive Holy Communion?

  2. .       Do I ask for the graces of the Eucharist to be poured upon me?

  3. .      In the light of Coronavirus and our parish churches closed, how can I continue to stay close to Jesus and remain faithful? 

  4. .      In the light of the Coronavirus and parish churches are closed, how has it changed my attitude to receiving Christ through a spiritual communion?

  5. .      How do I experience God’s divine love every day?

  6. .      In what areas of my life do I need conversion of heart and need personal reconciliation with God?

  7. .      Are there people in my life that I need to be reconciled?  What actions am I able to make to enter into a process of reconciliation?   

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment