Friday, July 17, 2020

No 119 In what way did Jesus offer Himself to the Father?

COMPENDIUM SERIES

                                                           

                          JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.

 


No 119.   In what way did Jesus offer Himself to the Father? (CCC 606-609,620)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?
Compendium states:
‘The entire life of Christ was a free offering to the Father to carry out His plan of salvation.  He gave ‘His life as a ransom for many’ (Mk 10:45) and in this way, He reconciled all of humanity to God.  His suffering and death show how His humanity was the free and perfect instrument of that divine love which desires the salvation of all people.’

What does this mean for me?

  1.    I can read and meditate on the passion and death of Jesus regularly to remind myself of God’s great love.
  2.   Every time I see a crucifix or an image of it, or I make the sign of the cross, I can thank God for the perfect love of Jesus who desires my salvation.



Questions to consider.

  1. .    What does the free offering of Jesus to carry out the plan of salvation mean to me 
  2.       Do I believe in my heart that Jesus died for me personally?  
  3.      How can we be converted in our hearts and re-evaluate my relationship with God?    
  4.     In what areas of my life do I need conversion of heart and need personal reconciliation with God?
  5.  Are there people in my life that I need to be reconciled?  What actions am I able to make to enter into a process of reconciliation?
  6.   In the light of Coronavirus and our parish churches closed, how can I continue to stay close to Jesus and remain faithful? 
  7. How do I experience God’s divine love every day?


      

No comments:

Post a Comment