Thursday, November 7, 2019

No 114 How did Jesus conduct Himself in regard to the law of Israel.


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

 

Jesus the Teacher: Compendium Series icon.

No 114.  How did Jesus conduct Himself in regard to the law of Israel? (CCC 577-582,592)

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?


Compendium states:
Jesus did not abolish the law given by God to Moses on Mount Sinai but He fulfilled it by giving it its definitive interpretation. He himself was the Divine Legislator who fully carried out this Law.  Furthermore, He was the faithful Servant, He offered by means of his expiatory death the only sacrifice capable of making atonement for all the ‘’transgressions committed by men under the First Covenant” ( Heb 9:15).

What does this mean for me?


1.            I can thank God every day for His saving plan of redemption for all of humanity and that my redemption came at a great price- the suffering, death and resurrection. My redemption came through His blood.
2.            I can be thankful that Jesus, in His humanity did not deny who He truly is- the Son of God.
3.            I can draw inspiration from Jesus to stay true to my own identity as a child of God through adoption.


Questions to consider.

1.      How can I appreciate the saving plan of God- the Paschal Mystery in my life every day?
2.      How do I build up the Church – what contribution do I make?
3.      Why is important to understand why the Jewish leaders handed Jesus over to Pilate?
4.      How would I explain to someone who asked me what does the death of Jesus mean to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment