Sunday, May 14, 2017

Collect for 5th Sunday Eastertide.

The Collect for 5th Sunday of Eastertide  reads as follows:

"Almighty ever-living God,
constantly accomplish the Pascal Mystery within us,
that those who You were pleased to make new  in Holy Baptism,
may under your protective care bear much fruit
and come to the joys of life eternal".
 

 
 
In making this prayer tangible, the following reflective questions emerged:
 
 
1. What does the Pascal mystery mean to me?
2.  Why should I want to accomplish the Pascal Mystery within me?
3. What does Baptism mean for my life?
4.  What newness of life have I received this Eastertide?
5.  What have I done with these new graces?


In the Gospel today, Jesus tells His disciples ( and us) " I am the way, the truth and the life''.  We might ask ourselves"' What does this mean to me''.  Sometimes, we might know what to do- we may be puzzled by what is the right route for us. We only have to ask Jesus since He is the way, the truth and the life. 

Yesterday was the centenary of the apparitions of Fatima.  It is interesting to note that despite after 100 years that the message of Fatima of Prayer, Fasting and Saying the Rosary remains as relevant today as then- perhaps even more so.    If we put these two aspects together, then it seems to me that Fatima gives us a practical way to follow Jesus in His way, His truth and His life.

I hope that the blessings of Eastertide have been wonderful for you all and continue to be so.

                                                                Alleluia.


 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment