Sunday, May 21, 2017

6th Sunday of Eastertide Collect

The Collect for the 6th Sunday of Eastertide reads as follows

 
Grant almighty God,
that we may celebrate with heartfelt devotion
these days of joy,
which we keep in honour of the risen Lord,
and that we relive in remembrance
we may always hold to in what we do.
 
 
In making this prayer tangible for the coming week, the following reflection questions emerged.
 
 
1. What is the quality of my celebration of Eastertide?
2.  Why do I want to celebrate with heartfelt devotion these days of joy?
3.  What does Christ risen mean for me in my life for this coming week?
4.  What difference does celebrating the risen Lord make to my life/to my coming week?
5.  How does what I hold in faith and what I do compare?


The challenges in today's readings are important for us to consider and for us to decide on what we can do.
1. Are we able to give the reasons to others for which we hope?  Are we able to encourage others to know and love Jesus?
2. Are we able to live by our faith by keeping the commandments, living the beatitudes and having a strong sacramental life?

So  in light of these questions on today's readings  and those that I have posed for reflection on the Collect,  what will you do this week to live your faith more deeply and to love God more fully?
 
     May you continue to receive many Easter blessings.   Alleluia.
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment