Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday Collect Year A

The Collect for Easter Sunday Year A reads as follows:

O God, who on this day,
through Your Only begotten Son have conquered death,
and unlocked for us the path to eternity,
grant, we pray, that we who keep
the  solemnity of the Lord's Resurrection,
may through the renewal brought by Your Spirit,
rise up in the light of life.
 
 
In making this prayer tangible for during the week, the following reflection questions emerged:
 
 
1. What does the resurrection of the Lord really mean to me and for my life?
2.  What will I do this week to show God my gratitude for His resurrection?
3.  What is my attitude to my own death?  
4   How does the Lord's Resurrection affect my attitude to my own death?
5.  What is the path to eternity? How will I walk on this path this week?
6.  How will the renewal of the Spirit rise up in my life this week?
7.  How will I celebrate Eastertide?
 
This is the day that the Lord has made
Let us rejoice and be glad.
 
Image result for free picture of the resurrection of Jesus Christ
First of all, I would like to wish all my readers a very Happy Easter. 
May the blessings of the Easter season be yours.
 
Well, we have made it... it is Easter morning.  Alleluia.  Praise God. !!!
 
It is wonderful to know we have reached Easter morning and the joy of the Alleluias ringing in our hearts.
However it is great opportune moment today to think about how we went in Lent.  What was our penance that we set ourselves?  How did we go with it- did you have dip in the Lenten journey like I did? It is timely to consider why?
 
As committed Catholics, it is not time to say hurray- Lent's over and I don't need to worry about it until next year.  No, we need to build on whatever graces we received during Lent during Eastertide.
Perhaps, we can also make up for any dips in the Lenten journey too with a little extra effort. Why not set aside some time during Eastertide to do that.  Why, you might ask?  God knows we are human and we often do not set ''achieve'' what we hoped or desired.  I find that  setting some time aside to make  an effort to make amends in some way during Eastertide is helpful.  It not only makes amends for my dip in Lent, but it also pulls in my mind the Lenten and Easter seasons together.  It is a great opportunity to continue on what worked well in Lent for us as well- hopefully we have set a new/different pattern in our prayer life, in our almsgiving and in our fasting.  Fridays during the year are still days of penance, so why not use them well.
 
I don't want to set a heavy mood on this glorious Resurrection morning.   I just want so much to encourage us to remember though Eastertide is 50 days of joy and 50 wonderful days we can grow in our faith.  Make the most of this season of joy.  Enjoy the chocolate eggs and wonderful Easter delights, but gain weight in the graces of Eastertide.
 
This is the day that the Lord has made
Let us rejoice and be glad.
Alleluia.
 
Happy Easter to you all.  
 
                                                       

 




No comments:

Post a Comment