Thursday, August 7, 2014

Dominican blessing for the Feast of St Dominic

St Dominic de Guzman

DOMINICAN BLESSING FOR THE FEAST OF ST DOMINIC


Happy Feast day to my readers.  Today is the feast of St Dominic in Australia and 8th for the rest of the universal church.  St Dominic as you know is my favourite saint so I love his feast day.

Perhaps one thing I should clarify is that when I am talking about St Dominic, I mean, St Dominic de Guzman (founder of the Order of Preachers- Dominicans)  not Dominic Salvio. Still I have to say, anyone who is called Dominic is a favourite with me.

Anyway, on this feast of St Dominic, I just wanted to share the Dominican blessing.
DOMINICAN BLESSING.


May God the Father bless us,

May God the Son heal us.

May God the Holy Spirit enlighten us

and give us eyes to see with,

ears to hear with,

hands to do the work of God with,

feet to walk with


 and a mouth to preach the word of salvation.

The angel of peace to watch over us

and lead us at last by our Lord's gift to the kingdom. 


I obviously go to Mass on St Dom's feast, but I do love to celebrate with the Dominican community the Office- Evening Prayer. It is such a privilege to be there with them.  I also love to have a special meal on his feast day.  I had my special meal at lunch time today as tonight I also have choir rehearsal. Our parish is celebrating this coming weekend so the choir need to be in good voice.
May you all have a blessed feast day of St Dominic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment