Friday, August 19, 2011

Compendium Series: Teaching of Scripture about the visible world

61.      What does Sacred Scripture teach about the creation of the visible world? (CCC 337-344 )

Compendium states:

Through the account of the “six days” of creation Sacred Scripture teaches us the value of the created world and its purpose, namely, to praise God and to serve humanity.  Every single thing owes its very existence to God from whom it receives its goodness and perfection, the proper laws and its proper place in the universe.

What does this mean for me?
  1. I can read again the creation story in Genesis in the light of this teaching.
  2. I can consider the magnificence of the universe with its proper law  and its proper place and praise God for it.
Questions to consider:
1. What value do I put on the created world and its purpose in my life?
2.  How do I express my gratitude to God for every single thing from whom it receives its goodness, and perfection?

No comments:

Post a Comment