Friday, August 26, 2011

Compendium Series: Creation and the place of humanity

63. What is the place of the human person in creation? (CCC343-344,353)

Compendium states:

The human person is the summit of visible creation in as much as he or she is created in the image and likeness of God.

What does this mean for me?
  1. I can thank God for being created in His image.
  2. I can use this as an affirmation’ I am the summit of visible creation as I am created in the image and likeness of God’.

Questions to consider:
  1. How does being the summit of visible creation affect my relationship with myself and with God and with my neighbour?
  2. Why is the human person the summit of visible creation?
  3. What does being created in the image and likeness of God mean for me?





No comments:

Post a Comment