Thursday, August 13, 2020

No 121. What happened in the Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane?

 

COMPENDIUM SERIES

                                                          


JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.

 

 

No 121.   What happened in the Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane? (CCC 612
 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

Despite the horror which death represented for the sacred humanity of Jesus “who is the Author of Life (Acts 3:15), the human will of the Son of God remained faithful to the will of God the Father for our salvation.   Jesus accepted the duty to carry our sins in His body ‘becoming obedient until death (Philippians 2:8).’

 

What does this mean for me?

1.    I can contemplate the horror of what Jesus experienced in the Agony of the Garden and His death whilst reciting the sorrowful mysteries of the Rosary.   I can take the opportunity to really connect with the suffering of Jesus during this time.

2.    I can thank God daily that Jesus chose to be obedient to His Father and suffer and died for me so that I can have salvation.

3.    I can ponder on what the suffering and death of Jesus means to me in relation to my thoughts/desire for salvation.

 

Questions to consider.

1.    What does the salvation of my soul mean to me and how does that make any difference to the way I live my life daily?

2.    How can I offer up my sufferings/ annoyances, inconveniences or pain so that they may have a redemptive quality to them?

3.    If Jesus as Son of God was obedient to His Father by suffering, dying and rising again, what response might I have towards God as Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment