Sunday, December 1, 2019

Collect for First Sunday of Advent Year A

COLLECT SERIES


The Mass: Collect Series.



HAPPY NEW YEAR.




COLLECT

The Collect for the First Sunday of Advent Year A  reads as follows:

Grant your faithful, we pray, almighty God, 
the resolve to run forth to meet your Christ 
with righteous deeds at his coming, 
so that, gathered at his right hand,
they may be worthy to possess the heavenly Kingdom. 
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, 
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, 
one God, for ever and ever.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible for during the week the following reflection questions emerged:

1. As we begin Advent, what is my resolve spiritually?
2. How do we intend to carry out my resolve during Advent- what is my plan?
3. How do I want to meet Christ at Christmas in a different way than last year?
4. Take time to make a spiritual stock take and consider my current level of spirituality and what areas I need to address?
5. What righteous deeds might I carry out this coming week that will be pleasing to God?


PERSONAL NOTE


I am still in hospital and not yet well enough to do a complete blog post. Nevertheless, I want to say happy new year to my readers and wish you a wondrous time in Advent.

If you are looking for blog posts to read, you will be able to find them in the search or categories.  Over the ten years as a blogger for this site, I have talked about the Advent wreath and its traditions, the Jesse tree, the names of the Candles of the advent wreath and lots more.  Why not take a look.

If you are wanting something different then why not check catholic culture 

I have composed, played/sung and recorded  Singable Sunday Psalms for Advent and Christmastide.  These  ebooks and digital CDs are available in my online store (digital download) at talkingmusic.online 


No comments:

Post a Comment