Sunday, April 1, 2018

The Lord is truly risen alleluia.

                                               

The Lord is truly risen alleluia.


                                               HAPPY EASTER TO ALL MY READERS.




I hope you have had a wonderful spiritual Lent and are/have been involved spiritually with the 3 day Iridium in your parish or your spiritual home.

                                                                 ALLELUIA TO YOU ALL.


Before lent becomes a distant memory quickly, may I suggest to you that you spend some time in reflection about how your lent was for you.  Ask yourself”

  • What worked for you?    
  • What did not?
  •  What could have done to tweak your Lent. to make it more effective?

Make a note of these things in your journal and keep it so that you have some reminders for next year.
HOW TO GROW DURING EASTERTIDE?

Why... don't wait for next year in Lent... we have 6 weeks of Eastertide and joy and lots of alleluias.  This is wonderful since Easter is the most important sacred feast in the church's calendar.   So, enjoy and rejoice.

So why do i say don't wait for next year... I like to use Eastertide to help me to grow-
that if I have made some progress during Lent in one area of my life that I like to continue it on during Eastertide.  It helps me to link the 2 seasons and explore further in a lighter mood of Eastertide.  It helps too to cement the habit and help the change to be further part of my life.

If I have not made progress in an area of my life that I intended during Lent ( which is often the case) I take Eastertide as an opportunity to try and make some progress so that once Eastertide is complete, I can continue it on during Ordinary Time.

My point is- let us not stop now just because Lent is over.  Yes, we are in a season of rejoicing- sing as many alleluias as you like and more.. enjoy the lighter vestments, the flowers on the sanctuary, the statues back in the church, the beauty of the Pascal Candle which represents Christ in our midst, the happier sounding hymns.  All this is as it should be.  We are an alleluia people.  We are filled with joy that Christ is risen.

However Eastertide also gives us an opportunity for further growth- to cement the good we have achieved through God's grace and to rectify our slowness to change.

Have you started the Divine Mercy novena yet.. if not, make a start and prepare for Divine Mercy Sunday next week.

Enjoy your Easter day in whatever way you celebrate this solemnity  along with enjoying a chocolate egg or two.!!!  Remember those eggs represent new life so eat them with this sentiment. Let it be new life for your spiritual well being.
May the blessings and the joy of Easter fill your heart to overflowing.

Alleluia.  The Lord is truly Risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment