Friday, December 25, 2015

Happy Christmas

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

 
Manger Scene ( from Pixaabay)
Instead of writing a gospel reflection on one of the Gospels, I recommend during this Christmas season that we sit and slowly read the Christmas story given in Luke. Take your time and hear the sounds, smell the smells, get in touch with the feelings of all the Christmas characters- Mary, Joseph, the baby, the angels announcing the news, the shepherds, Herod, the kings. There is so much to contemplate. 

These are some reflection questions that you may wish to ponder.
  1. What does the birth of Christ mean to me?
  2. What is so special to me about the holy night of Christmas and Christmastide.
  3. What has happened or have experienced about this Christmas that is speaking to you. 
  4. How is this Christmas different from or similar to previous years of Christmas?
  5. In what areas of my life is Christ the true light of the world- how can I continue to shine that light in my life?
  6. In what areas of my life is Christ not wholly the true light of the world?  
  7. What changes will I make to these areas in this Christmas season?
  8. How can I assist someone who has lost a loved one during the year in this Christmas season?
  9. How will I grow spiritually during this Christmastide?

 Let us make good use of our prayer time during this Christmas season and come to a greater understanding of God's great love for us.  Perhaps you may even choose to contemplate before the crib at your parish each day during this season, or if not, why not lovingly reflect on the story at home with your family's crib.
When you hear others saying that Christmas is about family or holidays or any other secular reason, why not tell them gently

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.



No comments:

Post a Comment