Sunday, May 31, 2015

Trinity Sunday- A mystery of our Faith.

 Trinity Sunday.


This feast highlights the relationship nature of God in that there is Fatherhood, Sonship and from that love issues the Holy Spirit. We can spend time trying to explain it, as St Patrick did using the shamrock and many others since, but in essence it is a mystery that we will never truly understand until we reach Heaven.  However, we do not need to wait until then to develop a relationship with each Person of the Blessed Trinity- we are still praying to God, but each Person of the Trinity can help us as we draw close in our lives.

REFLECTIVE QUESTIONS.

These reflective questions may assist us in our endeavour to contemplate the Trinity.

  1. What is my relationship with God- Father, Son and Spirit?
  2. How might I bear witness in my life to my faith this coming week?
  3. What is the truth that Jesus the Word gives to me?
  4. How can I spread that truth in my life?
  5. What does being holy mean to me?
  6. How does the Holy Spirit make me holy?
  7. How might I live my faith and proclaim it in worship and in my life this coming week?

PERSONAL REFLECTION


On a personal note, I remember learning from the Living Parish Hymnal many years ago a lovely hymn to the Trinity. There were 3 verses- each verse dedicated to Father, Son and Spirit and the Antiphon being a version of the Glory be to the Father.   Perhaps it may also help your reflection on the trinity.

Antiphon: Praise to the Father, and to the Son 
                 and to the Spirit Three in One
                 Praise and Glory for ever.

1. Eternal Father, to those night
Your Creatures' endless praise in due,
You we adore and thank and bless,
We are your children made by You.  ( Antiphon).

2. Eternal Son of God the Word
through whom creations's work was done
We are your brethren whom you saved,
Vanquishing death, our life you won, ( Antiphon).

3. Eternal Spirit, living Love
God's gift his Church to sanctify,
Dwell, as Christ Promised in hour midst,
Cloth us with power from on high.  ( Antiphon).


No comments:

Post a Comment