Sunday, July 20, 2014

16th Sunday of Year A- Collect ( Opening Prayer)

COLLECT SERIES

COLLECT
The Mass: Collect Series Icon

The Collect for the 16th Sunday of Ordinary Time reads as follows:

Be gracious, Lord, to us who serve You
and in Your kindness, increase your gifts of grace within us:
so that fervent in faith, hope and love
we may be ever on the watch 
and persevere in doing what You command.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible the following questions emerged:

1. What does a ''Gracious Lord'' mean to me?
2. What area/s of my life do I desire the graciousness of my God this coming week?
3. How will I serve God this coming week?
4.What gifts of grace would like to receive?
5. What is my understanding of faith, hope and love?
6. What does being ever on the watch mean to me?
7. What does God command me to do this coming week?( Name it)
8. How will I persevere in doing what God commands me this coming week? (Name at least one action or make a small list).


Previously I have written a series on the Virtue series, of which faith, hope and love are the theological graces.  You may find reading this series helpful as further thought on the Virtues. You will find it under the label of Faith nurturing (2010).





No comments:

Post a Comment