Monday, December 31, 2012

New year resolutions

Happy New Year to my readers.

At this time of the year, many of us make new year resolutions, some of which may last the year or a few months or sometimes a few days.  It seems to me that regardless of how long or short the actual resolution lasts, it is a good thing to do because the person making it stops and reflects and revisits his/her behaviours/habits and life generally.

However what is often missed in our new year resolutions is a resolve to look at our spiritual lives.
New year is a great time to be grateful for the year that has passed and to examine what has worked for us and what has not.  We need to also look at our spiritual lives in the same way  so that we can progress in spiritual growth.

Some people work to a plan whilst others do not.  I prefer to work to a plan, even if the plan does not go accordingly.  We are human but we have a reference point to refer.

God is our reference point. God is our goal and heaven is where we hope to be heading one day.
However, we do not just arrive there. We need to get ready for the journey. As I write this from an airport lounge, the concept of the journey is on my mind.

My suggestion is that we take a look at our spiritual lives before 2012 closes and name one area of our live that we will commit to during 2013 to improve.  God does not expect us to be perfect yet, but we are to try out best out of love for God.

May you all have a safe and happy new year physically,mentally , emotionally and spiritually.

I have written a lot less towards the end of the this year for one reason and another. My new year resolution for my blog is write frequently again.  However as I said previously I am at the airport on the way to have a short holiday.  So I cannot promise any posts but will try to at an internet cafe. I will try my best.  However when I return I intend to keep my resolution.

thank you for your interest in my blog even when posts have been at times infrequentt.

I hope that I will provide interesting posts for you again in 2013 and you continue in your journey of loving God and being close to HIm by the way you live.

Happy New Year  to you all.

1 comment:

  1. And a Happy New Year to you, too. May the Grace of God fill you with inspiration all through 2013!

    ReplyDelete