Sunday, November 27, 2011

Spirituality in Action: Advent Series-First Sunday of Advent


 WELCOME TO MY SPIRITUALITY IN ACTION ADVENT SERIES.

 Happy New Year.  Today the Church celebrates its new lirgucial year.  It is a great opportunity to reflect on our past 12 months, and then resolove to grow in holiness this coming year.  However, if you are like me, we cannot leave this to chance or to the whim of the moment.  I need a plan at least. 

As I enter into the quiet of Advent, despite the world's pace quickening in anticipation of Christmas, my plan is to:
  • embrace the practice of daily prayer more fully- ie be more commited to it and faithful.
  • use moments of the day for reflection  of the theme of the Gospel of the day.
  • Light the advent wreath candle at home, bask in its light of hope and allow myself to hear God's voice.
  • Use my reflection questions from my opening prayers series Year B to accompany me.
Around the world, the seasons change. In the northern hemisphere advent is celebrated with the onset of the darkness of winter, whilst in the southern hemisphere,advent is close to the commencement of brightness of summer. 
Whether north or south, remember the gospel message for today is universal

 Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment