Thursday, February 15, 2024

Gospel Acclamations In Lent Series Year B: Thursday after Ash Wednesday

 GOSPEL ACCLAMATIONS IN LENT SERIES

Gospel Acclamation Series in Lent Icon.


THURSDAY AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY

Welcome to my series Gospel Acclamations during Lent. 

  •   Do you get distracted at Mass? 
  •    Does your parish have a sheet with the acclamations printed for you?
  •   Do you have a sheet or read it from your phone but do not connect with the words?
  •  Do you not have a sheet or phone and try to listen to congregation reciting it and cannot decipher any of the words?
  •  Do you wish you knew scripture more and could use scripture in prayer during the day and/or in time of crisis/need or anxiety.

 

Well, the good news, this series in Lent may be for you.  I will provide the short text of the Gospel acclamation and then, provide a few reflection questions each day during Lent under the following headings:

  • Personal Reflection
  • Responding to God's Voice
  • Lenten Practices
  • Gratitude and Praise.
  • Community Support. 

The word Alleluia is not used in Lent. Today the Gospel Acclamation reads:

Praise and honour to You Lord Jesus Christ,
Repent, says the Lord the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Praise and honour to You Lord Jesus Christ,

You are invited to use the reflection questions in any way you may find helpful. Use the acclamation too itself as a form of prayer- either in full or as separate prayers throughout the day eg sweeping the floor, waiting for the computer to warm up, stacking the dishwasher.  

Personal Reflection

  • How have I embraced a spirit of repentance in my personal reflections during this Lenten season?
  • In what ways has the awareness of the imminent kingdom of heaven influenced my daily thoughts, actions, and priorities?

 Response to God’s Voice.

  • Reflecting on the call to repentance, how have I responded to the Lord's invitation to turn away from sin and draw closer to Him?
  • Are there areas in my life where I need to be more attentive to God's voice, especially in the context of preparing for the kingdom of heaven?

 Lenten Practices

  • How have my Lenten practices deepened my sense of repentance and readiness for the kingdom of heaven?
  • Are there additional spiritual disciplines or adjustments to my current practices that can enhance my preparation for the coming of the kingdom?

 

Gratitude and Praise

  • In what ways have I expressed gratitude for the opportunity to repent and prepare for the kingdom of heaven during Lent?
  • How can I incorporate moments of praise and thanksgiving into my daily routine as a response to the Lord's call to repentance?

 Community Support:

  • How have I engaged with my faith community during this Lenten season to seek and offer support in our collective journey towards repentance and the kingdom of heaven?
  • Are there specific ways I can actively contribute to the spiritual growth and support of others in my community during this sacred time?

 

 

 



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment