Thursday, February 15, 2024

Gospel Acclamations in Lent Year B Ash Wednesday


 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES IN LENT

 

Gospel Acclamations in Lent icon


Welcome to my series Gospel Acclamations during Lent. 

  •   Do you get distracted at Mass? 
  •    Does your parish have a sheet with the acclamations printed for you?
  •   Do you have a sheet or read it from your phone but do not connect with the words?
  •  Do you not have a sheet or phone and try to listen to congregation reciting it and cannot decipher any of the words?
  •  Do you wish you knew scripture more and could use scripture in prayer during the day and/or in time of crisis/need or anxiety.

 

Well, the good news, this series in Lent may be for you.  I will provide the short text of the Gospel acclamation and then, provide a few reflection questions each day during Lent under the following headings:
Personal Reflection
Responding to God's Voice
Lenten Practices
Gratitude and Praise.
Community Support.

The beautiful aspect of the Gospel Acclamations is that they can provide a great source of reflection and a great source for a short prayer and turning our attention to God in the busyness of the day.

You are invited to use the reflection questions in any way you may find helpful. Use the acclamation too itself as a form of prayer- either in full or as separate prayers throughout the day eg sweeping the floor, waiting for the computer to warm up, stacking the dishwasher.  I am already one day behind.!!! Let’s begin.

 

 ASH WEDNESDAY

The word Alleluia is not used in Lent. It means to praise God.  Obviously, we still praise God but it is as though the church invites us in this way to find other ways to praise God.

Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ,
King of endless glory!

If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts.

Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ,
King of endless glory!

 

 

 

Personal Reflection

1.    How have I actively listened for the voice of the Lord in my life and how will I actively listen during this Lenten season?

2.    In what ways have I allowed my heart to remain open and receptive to God's calling, and where have I encountered challenges in doing so?

Response to God’s Voice.

1.    Reflecting on moments when I have heard God's voice, how have I responded?

2.    Have my actions aligned with His teachings, or have I faced moments of resistance or hesitation?

3.    In what areas of my life is God inviting me to soften my heart and respond more fully to His call?


Lenten Practices:

1.    How will my Lenten practices, such as prayer, fasting, and almsgiving, contributed to creating a more open and receptive heart to God's voice?

2.    Am I open to making adjustments to my Lenten disciplines (if needed) to deepen my spiritual awareness and responsiveness to God's call?

 

Gratitude and Praise

1.    In moments of recognizing God's presence and hearing His voice, how have I expressed gratitude and praise?

2.    What specific actions or prayers can I incorporate into my daily routine to express gratitude for God's continual invitation and guidance?

 

 

Community and Support

1.    How have I shared my journey of faith and Lenten reflections with my community?

2.    In what ways can I support others in their efforts to remain open to God's voice and avoid hardening their hearts during this season of Lent?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment