Saturday, February 17, 2024

Gospel Acclamation in Lent Series: Saturday After Ash Wednesday.

 GOSPEL ACCLAMATIONS IN LENT SERIES

Gospel Acclamation Series Icon.


SATURDAY AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY

 

The word Alleluia is not used in Lent. It means to praise God.  Obviously, we still praise God but it is as though the church invites us in this way to find other ways to praise God.

Glory to You, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ,
I do not wish the sinner to die, says the Lord, but turn to Me and live.

Glory to You, Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ.

 

Personal Reflection:

How can I embrace the Lord's invitation to turn away from sin and choose life.

What grace do I need to cultivate a repentant heart and a renewed commitment to follow Jesus?"

Response to God’s Voice:

In what specific ways can I actively listen to God's compassionate call, allowing His mercy to guide me in turning towards Him and embracing the gift of life He offers?

Lenten Practices:

How can my Lenten practices be a tangible expression of my desire to turn to the Lord and live.?

How can I foster spiritual growth and transformation during this season of reflection?

Gratitude and Praise:

In what ways can I express gratitude for the Lord's mercy, acknowledging His desire for the sinner to live, and offering praise for the redemptive power of His Word in my life?

How have I experienced the mercy of God during my life and what attitudes do I need to change to be open to receiving His mercy?

Community Support:

How can I support and encourage others in my faith community to turn towards the Lord, fostering a communal commitment to life in Christ during this season of Lent?

 



 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment